Old 13-02-2014, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike[_2_] Muddymike[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone had a big tree cut down?

On 12/02/2014 20:15, David Hill wrote:
On 12/02/2014 18:38, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

We have a large sycamore tree that has to come down as its
endangering the
roadside dry stone wall. Its a big bugger with four 2ft plus dia trunks
three times the height of the house, and of course only three feet
from a
busy road!

Let's hope the council don't put a preservation order on such a
distinguished specimen! They did so on a 60 ft eucalyptus a few yards from
our house. It's going to fall on somebody one day but, as long as we don't
get south easterly gales, it won't be us.

I hope they do. Then it'll be their responsibility if it knocks the wall
into the road!

Mike