Old 14-02-2014, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_11_] Sacha[_11_] is offline

Default Slugs have no taste

On 2014-02-12 18:44:35 +0000, David Hill said:

Oooer! That sounds a bit aggressive. I suppose I shall have to talk
to my GP and cover all the details. I would prefer a once-only cure
so I never have to see a doctor again. Doctors and medics in general
increase my blood pressure, so I see mine no more often than I have
to, but needs must.
Thanks anyway, Sacha. I shall if I can find out what that treatment
is called and do some research.
I'm pleased to hear your treatment is helping.

I don't think it's aggressive because (aiui) no wrenching is involved.
It's a quick change of position. Having looked a bit further, I *think*
it's called the Hackville manoeuvre. I see my osteo once a month and
the treatment she gives is so 'deep' that this seems to be enough.

Having done some research, you're clearly referring to the Hallpike Test
and Epley Manoeuvre. It doesn't look too horrendous. It's certainly
something to think about. I will mention it to my physio next time I see
him and see what he thinks. He also does deep massaging and
manipulation, so he may well be able to do something. Thanks for
mentioning it.

Neck manipulation can be dangerous only a real expert should do it. Advice from
my GP and two physios, one of whom is my daughter.

I seem to remember in my younger day a chap called Albert Pierrepoint
who but a fair few people out of their misery with his form of neck
manipulation, or stretching.
None of his clients ever complained.

Oh, that dark Celtic humour! ;-))

There's a treatment for spinal problems where the patient is suspended by the
head without fatal consequences, usually.

My osteo always stretches my neck at the end of each treatment but not
in the way David cites!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com