Old 14-02-2014, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Down they go

On 2014-02-12 15:10:45 +0000, Derek Turner said:

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 14:39:54 +0000, David Hill wrote:

And so far I have had a 60ft variegated leylandii snip blown down,

You say that like it's a bad thing.

It is if it's forming a shelter belt. David has a Dahlia nursery.

Well it solves one problem, I have been trying to think where I could
plant a Thujopsis dolobrata 'Variegata' that has overgrown it's pot and
is over 7ft tall, had wondered how to get it down to Devon, but I do
have a smaller one that could make the journey

Smiling happily!

"Mum" is at Duffrin gardens and is a magnificent tree over 50 ft tall,
but won,t make the wind break that the leylandii was.
It also had great colour.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psd729713b.jpg

I must say with the 2 down they do look like a couple of the jumps at Aintree
David

It looks exactly like that! You could have a sideline in steepchasing.
I'm x-ing fingers as I say this but apart from the odd small branch,
we've had no real damage here at all. How we escaped it with last
week's winds I don't know. And my daughter, who lives near Bridgwater,
tells me they've got howling gales and persistent rain today. We've
just got the persisting bit, so far.

Valentine's day
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/matt/

Simply brilliant! :~))