Old 15-02-2014, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Slugs and Daffs

In article ,
David Hill wrote:

Yesterday I found one daff blown down by the gales; I'm surprised the
rest are all still standing: and as always it had been chewed to bits by
slugs, it got me wondering why the slugs don't climb the daff stems and
have the rest of the flowers,
What is it on daff stems that puts off the slugs?

They're dafft? I have seen similar oddities in their attacks on
other plants.

I could say that the wind has been treating my bulbs like Michael
Finnegan, but most simply have peeked out and decided to stay in
bed.

Oh, and I got less than a centimetre of rain last night, despite
the forecast.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.