Old 16-02-2014, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default Thames flooding

On Sat, 15 Feb 2014 18:26:25 Bob Hobden wrote:

"Martin" wrote
What is shown on TV can be misleading. There have been film clips on
TV of the
flooded Thames flowing very vast in some places.
Hopefully you will stay dry :-)

It is running extremely fast at the moment and the water is rolling as
we say. It looks so powerful and lethal.
Luckily it's not been so high here that the water is actually flowing
fast across the land it only moves to flood more land. It's just
flooding over and raising the water table to above soil level in
places, like some neighbours gardens and the whole housing estate at
the end of our road, and all but one road out. I suspect it will take
quite a long time for the water table to go down.
We await mid week by which time it will be reacting to last nights
storm with more than just interest.

Does anyone here remember what happened to London in 1928? ;-)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26153241

David