Old 17-02-2014, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Trolls and trolling

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 08:24:15 Peter James wrote:

An interesting web site in view of recent post here.
I'm not trying to inflame anyone, just posting this for interest.

http://tinyurl.com/kpnbo7u

Peter

And I think this is the nub of it:

'Overall, the authors found that the relationship between sadism and
trolling was the strongest, and that indeed, sadists appear to troll
because they find it pleasurable. "Both trolls and sadists feel sadistic
glee at the distress of others," they wrote. "Sadists just want to have
fun ... and the Internet is their playground!"'

Isn't this what we've always known?

David

The only really good reponse is to treat the posts in the light of a bad
fishing day - no bites
Ignoring trolls is the only way to get rid of them. Please don't respond
to them.

Bill

Bill that 'is' the answer, but this one was a superb example of how not
pruning a thread, which is supposed to be done according to the rules and
regulations of urg but soooooooooooooooooo often is ignored ..............
BY THOSE WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER .................. is done.

And even though I only used it as an example, "I" was lambasted!!!

:-)

However, you just watch the threads being a mile long in future, 'just to
show Crowe'

:-)

Good for a laugh you are :-) You provide HOURS of entertainment and
conversation at reunions :-) .... PLEASE please please carry on :-)

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk
www.hmscollingwoodassociation.com
www.rneba.org.uk