Old 18-02-2014, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Beautiful day!

"Sacha" wrote ...

Bob Hobden said:

"Sacha" wrote ...

Another lovely day here and just a hint of cloud on the horizon! There's
a definite feel of spring in the air and I just hope it materialises!

Forecast said showers and light rain and that is what we have had all
day, some showers have been heavy though.

Is your house safe, Bob? From what we've seen on the news, the water has
receded a bit. I do hope you're both safe from the misery of flooding.

Yes thank you, it's gone down a lot now, the river has dropped so I can now
see the seats of the benches when I couldn't see the tops so probably over
two feet. Water gradually going from the streets etc but still have a few
road closures although one of those I have been driving since Friday, the
only way to get to our allotment. Noticed today there is grass showing again
on Runnymede Meadow but the road there is still shut.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.