Old 19-02-2014, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
News[_2_] News[_2_] is offline

Default Repotting orchids

On 19/02/2014 12:44, Bob Hobden wrote:

Is that a Bengal? Neighbour has one and it's totally mad, despite our
cat being a rotweiler in disguise it keeps trying to get into our house.
How many times does it need to be thumped with a paw full of claws
before it gets the message it's not welcome.

Yes, that is Mo and he is a Bengal. I don't know if they are all like
it, but he's the friendliest cat we've ever had and very un-cat like.
Loves humans but has a bee in his bonnet for other cats.

We have a near-ish neighbour with a cat and a pretty agressive Jack
Russell. He regulalry chases the cat into their house even though he
knows the JR is there. He has a season ticket at the vets for
antibiotic shots following bites to his head and paws

He also seems to assume that everyone is his friend, and their house is
there solely for his pleasure - and a range of other qualities you
wouldn't normally expect to find in cats.

Mo was neutered when about 8 months old so probably isn't as big as he
might have been. Even so, he is solid muscle and if you see him chasing
things, it reminds you of nothing less than a big cat running down its prey.

I think they originated from a cross between the Asian Leopard cat (a
wild cat) and a domesticated cat.

His big favourite is rabbits. We get a lot of them through spring and
summer - usually babies and young adolescents. If we're lucky we get to
them before they are dead. Usually not and there is inevitably a very
unpleasant clean up job to follow.

--
regards
andy