Old 20-02-2014, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Non-flowering magnolia

On 2014-02-20 08:12:19 +0000, Jeff Layman said:

On 19/02/2014 23:28, Charlie Pridham wrote:

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message
I planted a magnolia some years ago - maybe as long as 10 years ago -
but it has never flowered, though it looks very healthy
and I hope each year that this will be the year.

Is there anything I can do to encourage it to flower?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Be patient I am afraid, some start young but some can take a long time
Depends a lot on what sort you bought and planted.

Let's hope that it's not M. campbellii!

Reminds me of Ray's story about a gentleman who bought a Magnolia
campbellii and waited for the 25 years it took to flower, only to
discover it was the wrong colour! By then, he was too old to start
again. And no, it wasn't us!
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon