Old 20-02-2014, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default OT A Question

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 12:40:32 -0000, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Bob Hobden" wrote..

Thinking of using this for a Quiz Night but not sure how many will know
it....

What is Plugstreet famous for?

Don't cheat by looking it up, just say yes or no if you knew the answer,
I'll post the answer tomorrow.

Firstly, thank you all for participating, in view of the response I think,
as I suspected, it too hard a question so won't use it.

The answer is Plugstreet is the place where the famous football match
between the German and British trenches took place on Christmas day 1914.

The real name of the town is Ploegsteert and it's in Belgium but the Tommys
called it Plugstreet and the name stuck.

Interesting fact, Bob. Somebody might know it. Don't NOT include it
just because none of us did. We will remember it now.
Thanks for educating us a bit.

Pam in Bristol