Old 21-02-2014, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Propagating Pieris

"David Hill" wrote in message
When the big Leylandii came down it broke a sizeable piece off my
favourite Pieris
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps36802d78.jpg
I've tried several times to propagate it but have always failed.
Mow with this large chunk I have a lot of material to try again with.
Anybody got any good methods to get some of it to root?
David @ a sunny side of Swansea Bay, for a few minutes.

I used to have some luck with basal cuttings in July, but its been years
since I did them. I fear you may struggle at this time of year but as you
have the material may as well try!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs