Old 22-02-2014, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default That's a Good Job Done

On 22/02/2014 20:12, Roger Tonkin wrote:

Inspired by a nice sunny morning, I went out, spade in hand,
this afternoon and dug over the veggy patch where the peas and
beans are going to go. It's had a two inch blanket of
compost/manure since the autumn waiting to be dug in.

Soil was wetish but workable, but I did use a large board to
stand on (actually part of a church pew!).

Managed to dig over where the root veggies were as well, so I'm
pleased with the day.

Well, I went out with good intent, but was waylaid on three occasions by
friends and neighbours. Lovely, but not as productive as I'd hoped and
certainly not as productive as your efforts. Nevertheless filled a
large tub for the garden waste recycling, plus quite a bit to keep my
worms chomping away. Hope to get some more done tomorrow, but need to
do a bit of shopping for an elderly neighbour first.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London