Old 23-02-2014, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Good year for bugs?

On 2014-02-23 15:01:56 +0000, David.WE.Roberts said:

A couple of days ago I had to clear a load of caterpillars off the lemon
geraniums which have over-wintered under the car port.

Today I found the two lemon trees bound to each other leaf to leaf where
the leaves overlapped.

Again, little green caterpillars which use sticky webs to pull two bits of
a leaf or two leaves together.

At least - I think they were caterpillars.

Googling has turned up sawfly larvae which look much the same but have
more legs.

Need to go and look for some that I missed on first pass.

Cheers

Dave R

Last year was great for butterflies, so I suppose one follows t'other!
Those little green jobs are a total pain & do a lot of damage!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com