Old 23-02-2014, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default fascinating forest watch site

"Emery Davis" wrote

I spotted a link to this site on the news:

http://www.globalfores****ch.org

You can examine recent history on a very local level, or get broader data
on a by-country basis.

For those who read (or will do) The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan
Eng, as recommended by Janet recently, this short bit from the Cameron
Highlands:

http://www.globalfores****ch.org/stories/2

I remember walking along the road in the Cameron Highlands and spotting
orchids both in the trees and on the ground, hate to think what it's like
now. But even then the local villages were ripping orchid plants out of the
forest and had then for sale along the roadside, not that we could have
brought them back to the UK.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.