Old 24-02-2014, 09:56 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Tonkin[_2_] View Post

I'm trying to get ahead of myself.
I've been slowly clearing excess vegetation and silt from the largest pond. Yesterday, I'm pleased to say, I caught not only the usual clutch of overwintering young newts, but also a full size frog and an adult female newt, taking up residence in advance of the expected abundance of food in the shape of frogspawn and tadpoles.

So with breeding season upon us, that's put an end to a cold and mucky job :-)