Old 26-02-2014, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] kathstarke@rocketmail.com is offline

Default What is this?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/118826757@N08/

See above photos.

I have a raised bed and I saw these "plants" growing about three or
four weeks ago. They have grown really quickly.
I emptied all the compost from my tomato pots on the bed in the autumn
- I was going to dig it in to the raised bed.
I know what has caused the plants to grow: I have seen next door's cat
using it as a toilet.
The growths are definitley growing where the cat muck is.
I wonder has it fertilized something that was already in the compost -
or, or is what is growing in what the cat left behind?
I would be interested in similar experiencws, or just opinions.