Old 26-02-2014, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Grass seed

On 26/02/2014 19:31, rbel wrote:

I just had a lawn scarified and it does look a bit of a mess, due in
the main to the 30+ ant nests being scalped by the commercial machine.

I will need to do a lot of patching - I may just go over the whole
lawn whilst I am about it, given that it was somewhat tatty to start
with.

Having done a bit of googling I have found what I think may be a
reasonable mix from Bostons - Amenity Perennial Ryegrass 30%, Strong
Creeping Red Fescue 70%, which should establish itself fairly quickly
and stand up to a bit of wear and occasional neglect. I am not
looking for high quality sward.

Any grass experts out there who are able to comment?

Not a grass expert, but I would look at their ChildsPlay Lawn Seed,
looks a better mix for a lawn, the one you mentioned would be good for a
rugby pitch, it wouldn't like being cut to short.