Old 27-02-2014, 12:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
SteveB[_13_] SteveB[_13_] is offline

Default Gardening among pines

I have several pines in my back yard. Nothing seems to grow well among
them. Is there any secrets about pines and gardening? ph? What plants
do well in the pine needles? Can the pine needles be raked
occasionally, and kept to a minimum? Are there soil amendments or
chemicals that can be added? I am losing space to the pines. Also, the
pines provide a lot of shade (duh), so which plants would be pine
tolerant AND shade tolerant? Any sites you could provide that might
give me info?

Steve