Old 27-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Yummy Plants Yummy Plants is offline
Registered User

Thanks Kris,

That takes care of the two main branches. I wonder why they never trained them down in the nursery, the tree is 6'6" already! Probably to save space at the nursery and let people do it at home.

What would you suggest to do with the branches at the bottom and top of the tree. I'm tempted to see if they fruit this season then prune the lower ones back next winter if they don't. They seem so perfectly spread out to just cut them back without giving them a chance.