Old 27-02-2014, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Aldi Seed Potatoes

"Pete C" wrote in message

On 26/02/2014 23:57, Saxman wrote:

I have tried them and they were OK. It's a good time for gardeners at
this time of year at Aldi. One has to get in quick for certain things.

Yep, I got the one and only cherry tree last week,£4, and I was there at
opening time.

I bought a collection of 4 fruit trees on dwarf stock. Online £7 each inc
p+p. Planted on allotment Spring 2010.Morella cherry, braeburn apple,
conference pear and victoria plum.

Following Winter killed mine and neighbours morella cherry. Total fruit thus
far, one pear . 10 weeks ago, moved them to the bottom of the slope, to
get a bit of shelter from the houses, in an Easterly wind.

Replaced the dead morella with a sweet stella cherry at £13 from Homebase.
So your £4 was a good buy. Is yours sweet or savoury cherry.