Old 28-02-2014, 04:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
Higgs Boson Higgs Boson is offline

Default ,,,and the rains came...

Finally a real storm in Southern California -- thank whatever gods may be!

Dragged empty trash can to front porch where it will fill up quickly.

Garden is always is visibly relieved to "drink" pure sky water by contrast with imported, treated water.

Not that I'm knocking treated water. Without it, this would be a desert.
And may be again if we don't get enough precipitation to end the drought.

Just a thought: With all that Pacific Ocean out there just off-shore, why not scale up successful Israeli desalination technology via a Manhattan Project-sized program.

HB