Old 28-02-2014, 08:10 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default New food nutrition labels, your govt at work...

On 2/28/2014 3:03 PM, wrote:
The FDA estimates the cost of the new food labeling
requirements will be $2bil. Another unbelievable example
of what big govt costs us all. The changes? Increase
the font size of the calories. List the added sugar. And
make the serving sizes larger. The overall effect?
Meaningless, as few are paying any attention to them at all.
Anyone who does, the info you need is already there. Americans
will still be fat, it's just another $2bil down a rat hole.

I do some consulting on government regulations regarding chemicals.
I am familiar with an incident where a one word change on a label cost
one company $75,000 in labeling and paperwork changes.

Country is being buried in needless regulations and attendant paperwork.

Now at tax time I'm reminded that more manpower goes into tax filing
than the entire US automobile industry.