Old 01-03-2014, 09:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Disease resistant basil type?

wrote:
For the last two years every basil plant I have grown, either from
seed or purchased has turned yellow, gotten very bitter and died.

I do not know what disease this is, but if anyone has any idea what
type of seed might resist this please let me know.

I am starting seeds later this week.

Thanks,

This does not sound like a "disease" to me. Basil is easy to grow in the
right conditions and rarely gets diseases.

Where are you in the world, what conditions does it grow in (daily sun,
temperature, soil, water .....)?

Could you post a photo?

David