Old 01-03-2014, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default incredible!

On 2014-03-01 19:48:17 +0000, Emery Davis said:

Walking through town here I saw a pretty black hellebore, 'Lucy Black',
for sale, blooming in small 1 liter pots outside the florist. (They also
do plants in pots like pansies, etc.) The slate was illegible in the
rain, it looked like 2 or 4 EU, what a deal thought I!

Upon inquiry, the price for these little plants turned out to be 24 EU!
Goodness me, who would buy at that price?

Needless to say I continued, wallet safely tucked away...

-E

Don't know that one but perhaps it's a new introduction? If so, it may
be expensive to the nursery but even so, I do agree that is one heck of
a price! I saw a photo of a rather nice lime green one I'm coveting -
Harrington or Harvington Lime Green, something like that.

Way over the top, I just googled Hellebore Lucy Black and found
http://www.grasslands.co.uk/hellebor...litre-pot.html
Amongst many others