Old 01-03-2014, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default incredible!

On 2014-03-01 19:48:17 +0000, Emery Davis said:

Upon inquiry, the price for these little plants turned out to be 24
EU! Goodness me, who would buy at that price?

Needless to say I continued, wallet safely tucked away...

-E

Don't know that one but perhaps it's a new introduction? If so, it may
be expensive to the nursery but even so, I do agree that is one heck of
a price! I saw a photo of a rather nice lime green one I'm coveting -
Harrington or Harvington Lime Green, something like that.

Way over the top, I just googled Hellebore Lucy Black and found
http://www.grasslands.co.uk/hellebor...black-2-litre-

pot.html

Indeed, I found it available for 9 or 10 EU, still expensive but 2.5 X
cheaper none the less! Really a showy hellebore though, I might well
spring for it at 10, but at 24... well as P.T. Barnum said...

'Harvington Lime' is very pretty, I'm guessing that's the one. There's a
double also. I do like the simple green hellebores though. We had one
that seems to have turned pink, I wonder if that happens often?

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy