Old 02-03-2014, 06:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Difficult to climb fencing

On 02/03/2014 16:14, P Bentley wrote:
We are needing a long stretch of fencing around our allotment. But we really
need to keep the cost down as much as possible.

It does not have to look pretty, but must be *difficult* to climb, as we
have had a number of thefts on the allotment. We are not allowed to use any
barbed-wire.

Any suggestions as to what good inexpensive fencing is available with the
above requirements, we would be grateful for. Thanks.

Inexpensive and difficult to climb are probably mutually exclusive
requirements. I have seen putting wobbly trellis on top of an existing
fence recommended as a deterrent, but have no experience of it myself.

I grow Albertine roses up the walls and fences and use prickle strips
along the gates:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Defenders-Pr.../dp/B00B33XP1O

Colin Bignell