Old 02-03-2014, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fancy salad vegetables

In the past, I have tried both summer and winter purslane, and
neither have germinated well or produced much of a crop.
However, winter purslane did turn into a casual, but was never
large or numerous enough to be worth bothering with. This year,
I am trying agretti, but with no great hope of success. From its
requirements, I decided that samphire wouldn't thrive, but I
might be wrong.

My soils is sandy, which is a good start, but can dry out badly
and get quite hot on sunny, still, summer days.

Has anyone succeeded with any of these, and are there any tips?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.