Old 02-03-2014, 09:55 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
GB GB is offline

Default Difficult to climb fencing

On 02/03/2014 19:59, David Hill wrote:
On 02/03/2014 19:34, GB wrote:
On 02/03/2014 17:14, harryagain wrote:

Plant a row of brambles. Free, more effctive and legit compared with
barbed
wire.

Pyracantha is probably better. It's a real swine to cut through. The
real trouble is that the OP needs something instant.

In the real world if they could afford Pyracantha all round the
allotments they wouldn't worry about loosing a few odds and ends of
tools etc..

I had no idea of the cost. The previous owners of our house planted it
as a shrub against a wall in the middle of our garden. Quite frankly,
anyone who wants to cut the bloody thing down and take it away is
welcome to have the whole bloody lot for cuttings, roots and all. I
suggest bringing armour and plenty of sticking plaster.