Old 03-03-2014, 03:26 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Maclaren[_3_] View Post
Yes. Like almost all semi-professional mycological texts, you
have to START by using a microsocope. While I have one, I have
never taught myself how to use it. Actually, that page is even
worse, and the very first key is:

Spores smooth or finely longitudinally striate under light
microscope; guttules usually absent, rarely present
Spores ornamented with fine (oil immersion!) to coarse warts or
reticulum under light microscope; guttules usually present, rarely
absent

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
This key consciously delays using microscope until you have to.
Cup Fungi (MushroomExpert.Com)

But it is a north American key, is incomplete, and since Pezizas are notoriously difficult to separate....