Old 04-03-2014, 03:10 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Difficult to climb fencing

On 03/03/2014 23:23, Judith wrote:
On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 16:14:20 -0000, "P Bentley"
wrote:

We are needing a long stretch of fencing around our allotment. But we really
need to keep the cost down as much as possible.

It does not have to look pretty, but must be *difficult* to climb, as we
have had a number of thefts on the allotment. We are not allowed to use any
barbed-wire.

Any suggestions as to what good inexpensive fencing is available with the
above requirements, we would be grateful for. Thanks.

You could put carpet gripper strips on the inside at the top of the fence. This
may deter people from climbing over as they try and get a hand hold.

He isn't allowed barbed wire so he won't be able to fit gripper rods.

Anti climb paint is the obvious answer.