Old 05-03-2014, 02:31 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default Here we go again

In article ,
songbird wrote:

celery substitute... why do people cook celery?

Probably to keep me from eating it - and carrots, Jerusalem artichokes,
and spinach, and (evidently) fennel, among other perfectly nice foods
that are ruined by cooking.

(But I'm no "raw food diet" fool.)

Peas and corn can go either way (a little heat melts the butter, but is
otherwise not critical, and the butter doesn't help my height to width
ratio anyway.) Cabbage should just be turned into sauerkraut. Potatoes,
squash and plantains need cooking. Apples can go either way (some more
one direction than others, of course.)

To each their own...so long as they are not serving me. ;^)