Old 06-03-2014, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Pneumatic wheelbarrow replacement with solid

On 06/03/2014 09:28, 'Mike' wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message ...

I wish to get a solid wheel for my wheelbarrow. The problem is will it
fit? Mine is held in by 2 bolts threaded through a flange and bolted
into the wheel centre. There was a site recommended here, But I cannot
find it now, that gave full instructions for ordering. any ideas please?
The wheelbarrow is called a "Fort".

I would think twice about replacing it with a solid wheel, especially if
you have steps. I can go up and down small steps with a barrow with
spongy tyres, but if they were solid I would have to turn and pull up a
step or arrange a ramp.

I have a right size plank for taking my barrow up the garden steps.
It also is smoother coming down a ramp.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown