Old 06-03-2014, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Raised beds

"Derek" wrote ...

"Bob Hobden" wrote:

My interest is why you need raised beds? Terrible waste of ground with all
the paths so you need a good reason to want them.

So you can go pick your strawberries in your slippers :-)

As for building them, I use 'decking' It been down now four five years
and looks as good as ever .

Unless you have a serious problem with your soil for what you want to grow
or need to improve drainage I don't see any advantage. Just more work, more
expense, and less ground to cultivate.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.