Old 06-03-2014, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rbel rbel is offline

Default Pneumatic wheelbarrow replacement with solid

On Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:20:01 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Thu, 06 Mar 2014 09:19:42 +0000, Broadback
wrote:

I wish to get a solid wheel for my wheelbarrow. The problem is will it
fit? Mine is held in by 2 bolts threaded through a flange and bolted
into the wheel centre. There was a site recommended here, But I cannot
find it now, that gave full instructions for ordering. any ideas please?
The wheelbarrow is called a "Fort".

If you're replacing a pneumatic tyre that has been punctured, consider
slime. I used it on my barrow tyre a couple of years ago and it's been
good ever since. http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/slime-tyre-sealant

Great stuff - after years of patching the tyre on SWMBO's barrow (we
have a lot of berberis and pyracantha which always seem to need
pruning) I filled the tube with Slime about six years ago and it has
not needed any subsequent attention. Available via Amazon and at
Halfords.
--
rbel