Old 08-03-2014, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default incredible!

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 16:28:18 +0000, Janet wrote:

hellebores. Mummy was oblivious to price and ahead of me at the till...
where she paid for her selection of hellebores, over £300 worth, without
batting an eye.

Gah! Breeding (or lack of it) will out!

Talking of breeding.. I'd also picked Harvington Dusky with an eye to
its love-life with some of my pale and spotted hellebores and remarked
to The Mummy what gorgeous babies our new purchases might produce. She
said blankly " Do they? I wouldn't know, I've never divided mine".

I pictured her or her jobbing gardener hoeing out all those pesky little
two-leaf seedlings... or tidying up the flowerheads before the seeds
have fallen..

Harvington Dusky looks very pretty, well done. Except for the
price... Sometimes very hard to resist as I well know.

Yebbut, but thanks to that pair, "only £12" felt positively cheap. The
only downside was that John was not there to compare and appreciate my
horticultural parsimony.

Janet