Old 26-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Jim Webster

Default Vegans, facts, ranting, bigotry and other related subjects....

Oz wrote in message

Evapotranspiration losses cannot be limited to 7" during a summer

typical
for UKs temperature and wind profile, while meeting the

specification:
1" rain when you have 1" deficit.

So you say, I would beg to differ.

Mind you, anyone who says 'the UK temperature and wind profile'

doesn't
know much about the UK.

I think that he is having trouble getting his head round the fact that
the temperature/rainfall/wind profile can be significantly different in
places twenty miles apart.
As I said, rainfall increases by one inch a mile as you travel west
along one road round here.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'