Old 08-03-2014, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default Copper wire to deter algae in ponds

"Sacha" wrote in message
In The Garden of Evening Mists, the woman learning from the Japanese
master is set to making balls out of copper strips. These are thrown into
the pond and sink. He tells her this is to deter algae. Has anyone ever
tried it and I wonder if it would work on the accursed duckweed?
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Who would want to trhow a copper ball into hs/her sink?.....:-)

Anyway, meny years ago my bro'in-law ad a small pond which was pea green
with algae. By chance he came with me to a local pet shop/fish shop where I
bought some bags of Daphnea. He decided to get some for the fish in his
pond. He dumped his Daphnea into the water and within two days the water was
Gin clear. Amazing result.

Bill