Old 09-03-2014, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_4_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_4_] is offline

Default Copper wire to deter algae in ponds

On Sat, 8 Mar 2014 19:50:51 -0000, "Bill Grey"
wrote:

Who would want to trhow a copper ball into hs/her sink?.....:-)

Anyway, meny years ago my bro'in-law ad a small pond which was pea green
with algae. By chance he came with me to a local pet shop/fish shop where I
bought some bags of Daphnea. He decided to get some for the fish in his
pond. He dumped his Daphnea into the water and within two days the water was
Gin clear. Amazing result.

Bill

When I was an aquarist I put more effort into keeping daphnia than the
fish!

Steve

--
Neural Network Software http://www.npsnn.com