Old 09-03-2014, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Crystal ball gazing

On 2014-03-09 11:19:30 +0000, Nick Maclaren said:

I have tried twice in the past to get Tropaeolum speciosum
established, and failed dismally both times due to warm to hot,
dry periods during much of the summer. The recent cool, wet
ones (this is Cambridge) have made me think.

If I tried again, what chance would I have? Fat, slim, or
what?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

We've found it to be temperamental. We grew it towards the bottom of a
run of yew hedge, so it may have been too dry but it's a dampish part
of the garden. We found that it would disappear for a year or so, then
suddenly reappear without apparently having suffered. Now you remind
me, I don't think we've seen it for three years!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com