Old 26-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Oz

Default Vegans, facts, ranting, bigotry and other related subjects....

Michael Percy writes

Evapotranspiration losses can also not be limited to 7" while meeting the
specification: 1" rain when you have 1.5" deficit. We have made you aware
of the problem. It is not a matter of opinion.

Unfortunately, as a scientist I believe that experiment is king.
It's happened here more than once.

Mind you, anyone who says 'the UK temperature and wind profile' doesn't
know much about the UK.

I set your location to east anglia from the consideration that the climate
of the british Isles and european mainland would then need to be perturbed
the least. If you are interested i a swap, we have a well developed sight
in China with your preferred 10" rainfall in the summer, as specified. The
land is currently laid out in shrub and semi desert.

At what latitude, what average air humidity, and what air temperature
(year round) compared to Eastern england?

I at no time suggested that 10" wasn't marginal for rainfall even here,
what I was trying to point out to you was that available biomass is very
much more complex than just looking at rainfall. Rainfall alone is a
poor guide in itself.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.