Old 11-03-2014, 01:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Beechgrove

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 12:43:15 +0100, Martin wrote:

Are they trying to test Humax PVRs?

Good kit, I like ours very much. The only problem is after a power outage
it doesn't start recording again until you've turned it on once. We
finally put ours on a UPS to avoid the problem.

As I understand it, the program code is embedded in the digital signal,
so the PVR records when the code is there regardless of the guide. It
seems to me I've seen some programs that aren't on as scheduled but
recorded none the less. (On the other hand the kids like "Big Bang" on
4, which sometimes misses the start or end. Go figure).

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy