Old 12-03-2014, 02:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default ,,,and the rains came...

Todd writes:

On 03/11/2014 06:07 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
Todd writes:

And throw a huge red flag at anyone who tried to use
mind control to stop criticism of their work.

Mind control?

That sounds, well, how can I put this...nuts.

Hi Dan,

Political Correctness is a form of mind control.
The intention is to keep you from listening to
others of different viewpoints.

It is easy to spot. Folks practicing this will
insult you if they don't like what you have to say,
instead of engaging as gentleman in a functioning
democratic society. I would go to say that
since a democratic society required this kind of
function and interchange of ideas, that
Political Correctness is anti-democratic,
not to mention really, really closed minded.

Ah, the old PC bugaboo.

Uhh, no. That's not mind control.
How is disagreeing with someone mind control.

I doubt all of my opinions are politically correct and I feel no
pressure at all.

To call that mind control is, what's that word again?

Maybe you, being a "GW denier" (can't see how that's an insult) feel some
pressure, but what do you expect? You have no evidence of your own
yet you feel you can spread your opinions as if they are fact.
You know you are not a scientist, you have no models, I doubt you have
any idea how much warming a given quantity of CO2 might induce,
but you go around saying you've done research.
Reading a bunch of web sites is nothing like
research.

--
Dan Espen