Old 11-03-2014, 10:09 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Adrian[_5_] Adrian[_5_] is offline

Default Lawnmower time

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 20:34:48 +0000, Vir Campestris wrote:

We've had a pocket handkerchief for the last mumble years, but this
one's a little larger - about 50x25 metres.

I'm not really into stripes. Suggestions for a mower please?

We were in your position last year.

A small ad for a mildly used Viking (Stihl) 17" rotary got jumped at. We
were ambivalent about stripes, too - but this one has the roller, so
shrug

On balance, with somewhat lumpy ground in places, I think it scores over
wheels, since it doesn't drop one rear wheel into a hollow and scalp the
hummock.