Old 11-03-2014, 10:12 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default Lawnmower time

On 11/03/2014 21:51, Nthkentman wrote:
"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
o.uk...

We've had a pocket handkerchief for the last mumble years, but this
one's a little larger - about 50x25 metres.

I'm not really into stripes. Suggestions for a mower please?

A reputable manufactured rotary petrol.
Keep it sharp and the blades balanced properly
Your choice if you need mulching of cut sward, or not into a bag or vac
attachment
Wash it off properly after use or it'll rot
Don't go for *anything* with a plastic base...Just don't.

My plastic-based honda begs to differ. However this may well be more
expensive than the ones you're thinking of - they save steel for their
cheaper models.