Old 12-03-2014, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bird of prey?

On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 15:44:19 +0000, RustyHinge wrote:

We've just seen a bird perched on the back of one of the garden

chairs,

Fromthe forky tail it would seem to have been a kite, but in the air,
they appear a bit bigger than pigeons.

Just a bit!

If the garden chairs are the light plastic moulded things I don't
think a kite could perch on the back it would be too heavy or the
draft from it's wings would blow it over.

Kites are big, Around a 6' wing span, that's bigger than a Buzzard
which is only 4' ish...

Think I'd go for a Merlin.

--
Cheers