Old 12-03-2014, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rbel rbel is offline

Default Lawnmower time

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 20:34:48 +0000, Vir Campestris
wrote:

We've had a pocket handkerchief for the last mumble years, but this
one's a little larger - about 50x25 metres.

I'm not really into stripes. Suggestions for a mower please?

Last year I treated myself to a Honda HRX. We have a little bit more
grass than you mention above but it handles the area well. One great
advantage is the Roto-stop function which stops the blade when you you
let go of the handle, but the motor continues to run. For someone
like me with slightly iffy shoulders it is marvelous. It has a
polycarbonate deck which so far has stood up to my mistreatment
(forever nocking it against concrete curbs) without any problems. Not
cheap but worth every pound.
--
rbel