Old 12-03-2014, 09:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Michael Chare Michael Chare is offline

Default Lawnmower time

On 11/03/2014 21:51, Nthkentman wrote:
"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
o.uk...

We've had a pocket handkerchief for the last mumble years, but this
one's a little larger - about 50x25 metres.

I'm not really into stripes. Suggestions for a mower please?

A reputable manufactured rotary petrol.
Keep it sharp and the blades balanced properly
Your choice if you need mulching of cut sward, or not into a bag or vac
attachment
Wash it off properly after use or it'll rot
Don't go for *anything* with a plastic base...Just don't.
Electric mowers are for the occasional garden lawn mowing Sunday
enthusiast,

It may be tempting fate to say it, but generally the Honda engine on my
grass cutter has been quite easy to start. The engine is a GCV160 5,5
hp. I bought it in 2006. Much better than the previous engine, which
was to bad that my neighbour seeing (or hearing) my frustration offered
to lend me his grass cutter.

What annoys be about Honda is that it is impossible to get a decent
engine manual.

--
Michael Chare