Old 12-03-2014, 09:47 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Bill[_10_] Bill[_10_] is offline

Default Difficult to climb fencing

In message , P Bentley
writes
We are needing a long stretch of fencing around our allotment. But we really
need to keep the cost down as much as possible.

It does not have to look pretty, but must be *difficult* to climb, as we
have had a number of thefts on the allotment. We are not allowed to use any
barbed-wire.

Any suggestions as to what good inexpensive fencing is available with the
above requirements, we would be grateful for. Thanks.

Having seen many of the contributions about fencing, you may find a moat
would be a better bet. A water filled stagnant ditch edged with
brambles would be a good deterrent.
--
Bill