Old 13-03-2014, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_4_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_4_] is offline

Default How close to a house can I plant an apple treee?

On 13 Mar 2014 15:19:19 GMT, "AL_n" wrote:

Hi All,

I purchased a Cox's Orange Pippin apple sapling the other day, and ideally,
I'd like to blant it about 6ft from a neighbour's house. Is that okay to
do? I would not plant a large-growing tree so close to a house, but
according to the tag, this tree will have a spread of 2.6 mtrs, so I hope 2
mtrs away from the house's footings will be okay. What do you think?

TIA
Al

My previous house had an apple tree trained espalier style up the
house wall. It had been there for about ten years.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software http://www.npsnn.com
EasyNN-plus More than just a neural network http://www.easynn.com