Old 14-03-2014, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter & Jeanne Peter & Jeanne is offline

Default How close to a house can I plant an apple treee?

"RustyHinge" wrote in message ...

Clay is generally rather nutritous and apple trees rather like it IME.
Roots rarely have a tough time unless completely contained. Indeed, willows
especially can send roots up to a verylongway.

And invade underground wastewater pipes. We had one that was full of root
for about ten foot of its length. It had to be dug out and replaced. The
willow tree stump is still there
in our field to remind us.

Pete